Attribute Description Manual
- Joomla 1.5
- Virtuemart 1.1.x
- PHP 5
Attribute Description is installed using the normal Joomla installation process.
- Go to Extensions > Install/Uninstall
- Under "Upload Package File" select browse, then choose the com_attributedescription.zip file
- Select "Upload File & Install"
4. Find the file "addtocart_advanced_attribute.tpl.php" in the following directory:
where "default" is the name of your theme. Backup this file.
5. Add the following code into "addtocart_advanced_attribute.tpl.php" file:
<div class="vmAttribChildDetail" style="float:left;margin:3px;">
<?php $path = JPATH_BASE.DS.'components'.DS.'com_attributedescription'.DS.'controller.php';
$attr_desc = new ADController();
Insert the above code in-between lines 17 and 18 of "addtocart_advanced_attribute.tpl.php":
INSERT CODE HERE
6. Save the file.
Once Attribute Description is installed, go to Components > Attribute Description.
You will see the below screen:
There is one sample entry in the list called "Size". We need to add a new advance attribute, so click the New button. Fill in the applicable fields, then Save the record.
Now go to the site front end and look at the product associated with the Advanced Attribute you entered into Attribute Description. You should now see an icon next to the attribute.
The scope of a specific Attribute Description is set by the "Type" parameter. There are 3 options:
- Site Wide -- any attribute on the site matched by the "Attribute Name" will display the description.
- Category Specific -- any attribute in the selected Category that matches the "Attribute Name" will display the description.
- Product Specific -- The Attribute Description will only match the "Attribute Name" of the selected Product (and its child products).
Get Attribute Descriptions